Wednesday, January 5

Definite Progress

I'm not sure which purchase I was more excited about yesterday - a vacuum cleaner for $10 or a six-muffin tin which will fit in my toaster oven for $1.50. Haha! I'm becoming so... domestic. I have the numbers written down for someone selling a washer and dryer that my aunt might want to buy for the house, and for a swiffer wet jet for $15 for me. Major items I'll still be wanting are couches, a dining set, eventually another bed for the spare room, a bicycle, cookware, and lots of cleaning supplies. At some point my aunt and uncle will put in a washer and dryer, fridge, and oven. But I can do laundry at home, I have a toaster oven, and I have a mini fridge I'd bring, so those aren't super essentials initially for me.

The BEST news is that I get to begin subbing this week! Remember how I was thinking it'd be weeks and didn't know what to do with myself? Yeah. I was in the process of getting some paperwork together to take to the sub lady, and the principal from the school where I student taught said she hoped the lady could get me set up quickly because she has a job for me on Thursday. She offered to call the lady and did, and I have an appointment at 9:00 today to get processed. After that I should be good to go, and I'll be working all day Thursday! Whew, what a blessing. Thank you, Pa, for having it under control even when I didn't. So I think that'll be $70 minus taxes this week, and hopefully I can get lots of other work. I'm so thankful for this! I'll also be house-sitting overnight for someone on Friday night, so that'll be a little pocket change.

I swept the floors in the three main common areas at the rental, and did some vacuuming with my cute little semi-useless vac. It's a great machine for a dorm room, or I'll keep it upstairs for little messes when I don't want to lug the big one up the stairs, but for the common area downstairs I need to take my new (ha) big boy to it. So today I want to finish sweeping, and vacuum everything. I'd like to mop also but the water at the house isn't turned on yet and I think it's smarter to just wait than to try to bring water over in a bucket or something. I'd turn it on if I knew how... gotta learn these things if it's going to be my house! I bet it's in the utility room somewhere, right?

I have a hot date tonight, so the basic sequence of my day will hopefully be a little cleaning --> two hours of processing for subbing --> drop of car to fix alignment and make sure I didn't bugger anything else up --> more cleaning --> pick up car --> hot date. If it's warm today and I have time between picking up the car and my hot date, I'd like to clean my car a bit. I got a car wash (which I rarely go pay for) and the very next day I drove all day in snowy sludge, went off road, and otherwise goofed her up. :( I feel bad, and also she looks terrible, so I want to AT LEAST hose her off, if not break out my awesome car cleaning kit and go to town.

{it's already 30F out, and it's only 5:49... good sign!}


I'm going to get started on my day, but I leave you with this little piece of delight from the newest blog I'm following, Good ol' Mitch. Check out his blog for more nerdiness.




I also leave you with one of my favorite songs from a musical, especially when discussing meds with people...

"Who's Crazy/My Psychopharacologist and I, from Next to Normal"


"My psychopharmachologist and I
It's like an odd romance
Intense, and very intimate
We do our dance..

My psychopharamcologist and I
It's like a lover's game
He knows my every secret
I know his... name!"

2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting that your aunt and uncle are letting you live in the house they're fixing up!

    Have fun on your hot date! Also, that song is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, uh... Mollie! Yeah, I nominated you for an award. so come by and get it.

    ReplyDelete